Friday, November 22, 2013

Plot twist and the Modern Dad



We just experienced our own plot twist. A couple of weeks ago my husband lost his job, although we knew for a few weeks it would be coming, it still is a reality check when it happens.  So he is currently looking for a full time, permanent position.  We are hoping this is a blessing in disguise and he will find a fantastic opportunity to grow in his career.   He is in the construction industry and has been in management for 10 years, if you know of anything let me know! We are looking all over the western U.S. and are willing to relocate for the right position.  That has become much more difficult than the last time we relocated.  That was 11 years ago with a 2 and 4 year old.  Now we have 5 children from 3-14 and A LOT more stuff.  But we don't know where we will end up, we may just end up right where we are.  This living in limbo business is not very fun, but we are learning patience and submission to what God wants for our family.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This darling family is my niece Emily, her husband Jason and their adorable baby Nixon.  Emily is 10 years younger than I am and more like my little sister than my niece.  Emily waited a while to find the love of her life and to be a Mom. She is such a natural at being a Mom and has been "mothering" her whole life.  Her birthday was the other day and when asked what her wish would be she said, "I don't need to wish for anything, I already have all my wishes!"  So happy for her.  I'm excited to go up for Thanksgiving and snuggle this little man.

Her husband Jason is an awesome guy.  He has started a fun blog filled with tidbits for Dads.  You should check it out, he's hilarious and has some great ideas! It's called the-modern-dad.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: